Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, preconstruction and estimating skills to use while building airports and aviation structures? Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Sr. Aviation Construction Estimator to be located in our headquarters in Dallas, TX. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Sr. Construction Estimator will perform a variety of professional estimating duties related to developing estimates and procuring work for large aviation construction projects. Our projects can exceed $500MM and include terminals and Consolidated Rental Car Facilities (ConRACs).
· Reviews blueprints and drawings for both negotiated and “hard bid” projects.
· Preparing detailed quantity and cost take-offs for projects averaging $75M - $80M.
· Develop conceptual estimates
· Verification of shop drawing accuracy and distribution of shop drawings.
· Setting up computer models for compiling cost data received for subcontractors and estimating staff.
· Drafting of field sketches and other related functions.
· Working with architects and owners in value-engineering when preliminary estimates exceed the owners’ budgets. Finds architectural alternatives and prices them out for cost savings.
· Maintaining and updating the master bid list.
· Additional duties on occasion such as purchasing and scheduling.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin’s Employee-Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing Commercial/Aviation construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, brings ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.