Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, BIM/Virtual Design Construction skills to use while building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Austin Commercial is currently seeking a VDC Coordinator/Engineer for projects in the Orlando, FL area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) Engineer will work in Austin’s Construction Technology Department assisting office and field staff with the implementation of BIM/ VDC processes and services. We are looking for a passionate self-starter ready to improve the delivery of our projects through technology utilization.
· Active in development and refinement of Austin Commercial VDC services
· Provide VDC support to Austin Commercial’s preconstruction department
· Provide VDC support to Austin Commercial’s project teams
· Provide VDC support to Austin Commercial’s marketing department
· Provide VDC training to Austin Commercial office and field staff
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or related AEC field or equivalent combination of education plus experience.
· 2-5 years’ experience implementing BIM/VDC services & processes on construction projects
· Intermediate to Advanced understanding of Autodesk Revit, and Autodesk Navisworks Manage
· Exposure to the following BIM software considered a bonus; Assemble, Synchro 4D,
· Exposure to the following scheduling software considered a bonus; Primavera P6, Microsoft Project
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing Commercial/Aviation construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, we bring ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.