At a regional level, this person will plan, implement, create, evaluate, coordinate and oversee the corporate/project/customer health, safety and environmental systems towards accident and fire prevention and the control of environmental hazards through an established health, safety and environmental program designed to comply with appropriate federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
This person will manage 10 to 15 sites and multiple safety managers in a region.
Administrative controls such as mandatory recordkeeping, reporting, auditing and insurance interaction will be required of this position.
- Oversee administration of Corporate/Project/Customer health, safety and environmental programs
- Advise project management in the health, safety and environmental areas.
- Conduct surveys, audits, investigations, and gather information and data as required.
- Implement, evaluate and administer the HSE process to address opportunity for improvements and make recommendation for corrections that include the creation and presentation of training programs for management, supervision or employee-owners.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including, but not limited to OSHA, MSHA, EPA and company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and administer company policies and procedures concerning health, safety and environmental program implementation.
- Initiate and maintain safety awareness programs to improve employee-owner awareness.
- Provide guidance to project management through interpretation of the company/customer/regulatory requirements.
- Maintain professional relationship with the customers, safety representatives, the safety and health community in the area, and project management.
- Properly conduct and document investigations of project accidents and incidents.
- Maintain records, reports and documents that are required to meet corporate, customer or regulatory requirements.
- Administer a project management/safety orientation for all new employee-owners.
- Analyze safety concerns and recommend solution to those concerns.
- Maintain proper documentation on employee-owner’s safety violations.
- Work with project supervision and management.
- Monitor Subcontractor compliance.
- Incident management & severity mitigation.
Project Duties and Tasks (not limited to)
- Prepare and ensure monthly/weekly/daily safety meetings are conducted.
- Maintenance of Injury Recordkeeping logs
- Manage incident occurrence; i.e., Worker’s Compensation, injuries, accidents, etc.
- Scheduled job task auditing.
- Maintain HSE documentation according to the project/customer and corporate directives.
- Maintain company/customer/project safety and health processes.
- Create monthly project safety oversight report.
- Perform Industrial Hygiene monitoring activities.
- Develop and conduct periodical training programs as needed.
- Medical management of injured personnel.
- Determine Incident Levels for reporting.
- Perform accident investigations as needed.
- Perform drug testing as needed.
- Review incoming safety correspondence and act accordingly.
- Review new MSDS’s of chemicals for Austin and subcontractors.
- Provide on-going support for project safety related needs.
- Advise management of changes in regulations as needed.