Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, construction safety skills to use while building retail, hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use, theme park and higher education structures? Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Safety Manager for projects in Orlando, FL.
This position will oversee the management of the site safety program and educate and train all Austin Commercial personnel in federal, state, and local laws, and Austin’s safety, health, and environmental policies. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Safety Manager will work in areas such as fall protection, scaffolds, excavation, confined space, crane equipment operations, electrical, incident investigation, and other safety/health related training. This position will also educate and train all Austin Commercial personnel in federal, state, and local laws, and Austin’s safety, health, and environmental policies.
· Accident prevention management
· Safety training, performance auditing, and safety reporting
· Efficient in safety inspections and corrections in Austin and OSHA safety policies, and assists in SWPPP.
· Conduct seminars, project interviews, committee meetings, project start-up meetings, accident investigations, and audits.
· Construction Safety Management
· Supervision over a small group of safety professionals
· OSHA 500 or 502
· OSHA 30
· At least 10+ years’ of experience solely dedicated to commercial construction safety
· CHST or CHSO certification
· Experience on large commercial projects
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus
· Be proficient with MS Office Applications
· Have excellent oral and written communication with team members and stakeholders
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
Austin Commercial is one of the largest, most diversified builders in the United States. We are nationally recognized for our exceptional safety records, diversity inclusion program and our innovative construction solutions in the following markets: advanced technology, aviation, corporate/office, healthcare, hospitality, mission critical, mixed-use/retail/residential, public assembly and sports, and university.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.