Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) skills to use while building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Austin Commercial is currently seeking an MEP Superintendent for projects in the Dallas, TX area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The purpose of this job is to provide overall direction and control of the installation of all electrical, plumbing, mechanical, sheet metal, insulation, sprinkler systems, and life safety systems within Austin Commercial projects ranging from high-rise office buildings to hotels.
Functional Areas of Responsibility
· Evaluates the complexity of the mechanical/electrical design and estimates both the construction costs and maintenance.
· Serves as a technical resource regarding the mechanical/electrical systems within the building.
· Attends weekly meetings with owners, architects, and subcontractors. Outlines work to be performed by the mechanical and electrical subcontractors, phasing of work, problems encountered in scheduling, quality of work, etc.
· Ensures that all mechanical/electrical shop drawings are submitted by the subs in a timely manner.
· Mechanical & Plumbing - Checks all shop drawings for P.PE routes, dimensions of toilet rooms, etc. Checks all underground piping during installation. Ensures that all heavy pipe and other mechanical equipment is in place before walls are poured.
· Checks shop drawings for raceways in slabs, main switchgear layout, riser diagrams, placement of emergency generator equipment etc.
· Plans the daily and weekly activities for each MEP craft.
· Provides technical guidance and assistance in resolving day-to-day construction problems encountered.
· Assists the Project Manager as necessary in estimating change orders.
· Inspects all MEP field construction work in progress, including subcontracted work, and ensures that uniformly high-quality workmanship is maintained during each construction segment.
· Sheet Metal - Checks shop drawings for compliance with various building codes related to duct liners, hangers, duct connections, etc.
· Insulation - Inspects piping during installation and ensures that required insulation is placed correctly.
· Fire Sprinkler System - Establishes contact early with city fire department inspectors; inviting them to inspect work in progress. Reviews all shop drawings and ensures their adequacy and completeness to meet local codes.
· Life Safety Systems - Inspects and coordinates the installation of all life safety systems, smoke evacuation systems, pressurized portions of the building, fireman control centers, building and elevator distress communication systems, fire extinguishers, etc.
· Reviews all change orders carefully to ensure that building code requirements are met, that changes will not adversely affect other electrical/mechanical systems in the building and that cost estimates are reasonable and customary.
· Reviews all pay requests from subcontractors and ensures that they are proper and timely.
· Works extensively with MEP Coordinators to ensure that they receive technical guidance and training on a variety of technical subjects.
· Acts as a liaison between owners, architects, general contractors and all associated disciplines.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Employee-Ownership, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing Commercial/Aviation construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, brings ingenuity and a proven record of accomplishment through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.