Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, construction insurance experience to use for a top commercial general contractor known for building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Well then, Austin Commercial may be the right career move for you. Austin Commercial is currently seeking an SDP Manager to be located at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented professionals that want to excel with us.
The SDP Manager role is responsible for administering the Subcontractor Default Insurance Program (SDP) for Austin Commercial. This includes the management of Austin’s subcontractor financial prequalification program and related relationships. The program also entails financial underwriting and management of the insurance product utilized.
· Maintains Austin’s subcontractor financial prequalification database.
· Develops and maintains SDP procedures and manuals.
· Presents SDP program objectives, core elements, and clarifies program options to subcontractors and owners.
· Prepares management reports, project billings, and payments and billing support to carriers.
· Assists estimating and project teams with development of risk mitigation strategies.
· Communicates with project teams and accounting on subcontractor enrollments.
· Coordinates underwriting efforts with 3rd party underwriting firm.
· Notifies insurance carrier of a sub-default. Coordinates claims management with project teams and insurer’s risk engineers.
· Receives notification from jobsites of potential problems with subcontractor performance.
· Produces reports on SDP participation, calculates program revenue, and calculates administrative expenses.
· Provides Austin the rating information on sureties of pre-qualified subcontractors on bid lists. Verifies A.M. Best Rating and Treasury Listing of surety to confirm that the program requirements are met. Determines which subcontractors to include in the program.
· Develops and leads training on SDP requirements and best practices.
· Maintains relationships with underwriting firm, insurance provider, and broker.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing commercial construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, Austin Commercial brings ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.