- Lead the finance/accounting organization by providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
- Responsible for administering and controlling the entire accounting, reporting and financial functions. Plans and directs the general and cost accounting functions, including billing, credit, accounts payable, payroll, and the maintenance of general and subsidiary records of the company.
- Oversee all aspects of project administration, contract management, project accounting, and reporting.
- Establishes and maintains company policies, procedures and standards for project accounting, field administration and customer specific requirements.
- In conformance with corporate guidelines, establishes, approves and maintains accounting procedures and policies to support operations and to protect company assets.
- Prepares and coordinates all internal and external financial reports. Researches generally accepted accounting principles and government regulations to ensure the accuracy and full disclosure of such financial reports. Provides interpretations and analysis of internal financial reports to other management of the company.
- Coordinates and approves all federal, state, and local tax payments, returns and payments of income, payroll, sales and property taxes. Determines methods to minimize the company’s tax burden and properly accounts for current and deferred tax expense and liability.
- Monitors and controls cash flow and makes monthly cash projections for the entire company, including each job site.
- Manage internal audits and annual external audits.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leadership to ensure achievement of company’s strategic goals.
- Provide management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Conduct meaningful proactive analysis to improve key business decisions focusing on management of working capital and use of financial vehicles.
- Effectively lead the accounting team by developing and coaching existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent.
- Ensures timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Maintain structured training program to assess, educate and strengthen project staff.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to facilitate the production of accurate, timely and beneficial project related information.
- Oversee Customer and Austin systems and software interactions.
- Participate in company management, customer and project meetings as required.
- Manage and resolve complex accounting, administrative and Customer contract issues.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecast including variance reporting.
- Special projects as required.
- Travel required (5%-15%).
Functional Areas of Responsibility
Cost Accounting and Control
Job site Administration and Accounting
Financial Planning & Analysis including Budgeting & Forecasting
Cash Flow Administration including Controls and Projections
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
Job Performance Reporting
Accounting Policies and Procedures
Internal and External Audits
Information Systems Implementation and Coordination
Establishment, Implementation and Monitoring of Internal Control