Specific Job Duties:
- Make cursory visual inspections of machinery condition, measure and document vibration throughout the process plant along pre-established routes.
- Respond to emergency/specially requested vibration data gathering and machinery inspection/monitoring. This accountability requires the wearing of a radio pager and possibly working additional (overtime) hours and call-ins.
- Prepare oil sample kits, deliver them to area maintenance for sample acquisition. Retrieve the samples, prepare proper documentation and send the samples to the oil analysis lab.
- Make additional surveys as may be required for the diagnosis of a machine malfunction such as speed, temperature, noise, etc.
- Maintain a working expertise with the test equipment utilized in the performance of this position. This includes but is not limited to all vibration software, electronic data collection instruments, strobe lights, temperature measuring devices, oil sampling equipment, etc.
- Work from a posted monthly schedule while making adjustments for areas of non-operating equipment.
- Maintain the Diagnostic Maintenance Program as a relief for vacations, sick leave, etc.
- Provide Quality Control Coordinator relief for vacation, sick leave, work load assistance during T/A.
- Maintain proper safety awareness and follow plant safety procedures in all plant activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by supervisor.
This position will serve as the Lead expert for Austin Industrial in the Reliability Maintenance group. The Level III Vibration Analysts will be qualified to establish, direct, and\or perform programs for condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines including spectral, waveform, and orbit analysis. Level III Vibration Analysts shall be qualified to perform minor corrective actions involving operating deflection shapes, single-plane balancing, and diagnostic testing. This role will have accountability of leading the Reliability Maintenance team in execution of daily and turnaround reliability maintenance in a safe manner that achieves quality excellence.
Minimum Recommended Experience: 36 months
Minimum Training Hours: 76 hours (38 hrs./Level II + 38 hrs./level III)