Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, construction project management skills to use building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Well then, Austin Commercial is the right career move for you. Austin Commercial is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for projects in the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Assistant Project Manager assists the Project Manager with the planning, scheduling and coordinating of all phases of a construction project. This includes subcontractor relations, cost accounting and billing procedures, procurement, and liaison with owners, architects, subcontractors, and suppliers. As you can see, this is a position where outstanding customer service skills are essential.
* Construction project start up activities
* Subcontract negotiations and payments
* Scheduling and coordination of subcontractors
* Project cost accounting
* Owners’ billings
* Procurement of building materials and material expediting
* Change orders, RFIs and submittals
* Liaison with owners, architects, suppliers, etc.
* Development of subordinates such as office engineers and project engineers
* A Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, civil engineering or related degree
* Must have 5-8+ years’ of project management related experience on large, commercial construction projects
* We would like for you to have experience assisting on projects up to $200M
* Job cost accounting experience is a huge plus for this role as it is a large part of this position’s responsibilities.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Employee Ownership, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/commercial/about/employee-ownership.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing commercial construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, Austin Commercial brings ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.