Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, construction project management skills to use while building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Well then, Austin Commercial is the right career move for you. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager for projects in the Houston, TX area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Project Manager’s role is to plan, schedule and coordinate all phases of a major construction project, including cost accounting and billing procedures, procurement, and liaising with owners, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, etc. As you can see, this is a position where outstanding customer service skills are essential.
* Project start-up activities
* Subcontract negotiations
* Scheduling and coordination of subcontracts
* Project cost accounting
* Owners’ billings
* Building materials procurement
* Change orders
* Working with preconstruction on developing master schedule
* Liaison with owners, architects, suppliers, building officials and state institutional inspectors
* Staff development and mentorship
* Supervising Project Administrators, Project Engineers, Field Office Managers, MEP Coordinators, etc.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Construction Management or related degree
* You must have a minimum of 8+ years’ experience working on large, commercial construction projects.
* Austin Commercial is proud of our customer service reputation and are looking for construction professionals with the same dedication.
* We would like you to have experience leading projects up to $200M.
* Experience in one or more of the following types of construction: airports, healthcare facilities, university facilities, research labs, sports facilities, corporate build-to-suite, or hospitality. Prefer experience on healthcare and higher education projects.
* We would like for you to have local subcontractor relationships
* Strong cost management background is essential as is a strong scheduling background
* BIM experience is a huge plus for this role.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Employee-Ownership, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/commercial/about/employee-ownership.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing commercial construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, Austin Commercial brings ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.