Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, construction project engineering skills to use while building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Austin Commercial is currently seeking Project Engineers for projects in the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager or Project Administrator in a variety of engineering functions such as procurement, expediting of construction materials and related functions. When not assigned to a project, the PE will typically assist the Estimating department in bidding for new project opportunities.
* Procurement of materials
* Detailed estimation of costs on proposed changes.
* Update of contract plans and master schedules
* Overall responsibility of submittals
* Estimating of cost and construction times for proposed changes
* Project reports dealing with material logs, submittal logs, RFI logs, and drawing logs for owners
* Subcontract preparation and awarding of purchase orders
* Verifying subcontractor payment requests
* Requests for information (RFI) responses from owners and subcontractors
* Assists in the compilation of close-out documents, including as-built drawings, guarantees, warranties and service manuals for delivery to the owner.
* Candidate must have a Bachelors of Science degree in construction management or related degree.
* 3-7 years’ experience in large, commercial construction projects.
* Experience preferred in aviation, healthcare, high-rise, higher education or corporate campus construction
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Employee-Ownership, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/commercial/about/employee-ownership/.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Commercial
This is an opportunity to join one of North America's most respected and fastest growing Commercial/Aviation construction firms. With regional operations and iconic projects across the United States, Austin Commercial has clearly established itself as a builder and employer of choice. From complex airports, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, research labs and sports facilities, and other emerging markets, brings ingenuity and a proven track record through construction manager at risk, bid-build, design-build, fast track, etc.